Salaris 150K+ per jaar
Ervaring 15+ jaar
Our client is a company in the oil & gas industry in South-Africa.
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide sound technical leadership in the new Downstream Project. (Oil & Gas industry).
- The CTO will be in charge of all Project Technology and technological resources
- The CTO is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the Project
- The CTO will establish Project Technology vision, strategies, and plans
- You will communicate with project executives, stakeholders and customers to ensure our available Project’s technologies are used appropriately
- The CTO will also focus on maintaining and improving all technological issues on this Project
- Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role.
If you are also an excellent communicator and public speaker, we’d like to meet you.
- Develop technical aspects of the Project’s strategy to ensure alignment with business goals. Also establish the Project’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the Project’s technological development
- Ensuring technology standards and best practices are met
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Supervise Project infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, anddevelopments
- Monitor KPIs and budgets to assess technological performance
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks Project-wide
- Studying Project systems to evaluate effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensuring company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
- Selection and acquisition of complimenting technologies
- Aptitude for technology innovation, facilitating R&D and budgeting
- Market research and expertise on project economics/lifecycle and net present value analyses.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Masters degree in chemical engineering or equivalent
- At least 15 year’s experience in a senior project position responsible for Refinery and/or Petrochemical Plant Technologies
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Willingness to relocate to the southern part of Africa.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Well versed in current latest technological trend
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills.